Green tea is the healthiest drink among the list of drinks. green tea holds an optimum quantity of cancer prevention agents as well as polyphenols the compounds which provide green tea their numerous advantages.
Like Black, white and oolong tea, Green tea also belongs to family Camellia sinensis.
In the late 1800s, Green tea was very famous in the United States.
It is not proved, but Green tea was firstly brewed by a legend in 2737 BC
Tea consumption has its legendary origins in China dating back to more than 4,000 years ago, making it the oldest herbal tea known. According to legend, green tea was first brewed in 2737 BC during the reign of Emperor Shennong, WikiPedia suggests.
1) Make You Smarter By Enhancing Brain Function
This is really weird to hear that consuming a cup of tea makes you smarter (one of the amazing benefit of green tea), we know that a cup of tea keep us awake and not let us fall in sleep.
- It does not contain too much caffeine like coffee which can cause jittery effects, but Green tea has enough caffeine content that can produce an effect or small response.
- Caffeine has been rigorously examined before and continuously contributes to enhancements in numerous factors of brain function such as memory, enhancing mood, cautious, and responsive.
- Caffeine obstructs an inhibitory neurotransmitter (Adenosine) in the brain, which cause and raises the firing of neurons with increasing the concentration of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and norepinephrine.
- Green Tea contains amino acid L-theanine, Studies indicates that the combination of the two compound which is present in green tea, caffeine and L-theanine can have synergistic effects and especially efficient for enhancing brain function.
Anti-Anxiety and Relaxation properties are the next in the list as the benefits of green tea.
2) Anti-Anxiety and Relaxation
As previously mentioned, Green tea contains amino acid L-theanine.
L-theanine can possibly help you to get relax and avoid anxiety issues.
the Journal of Trends in Food Science & Technology publicized a study by Dr. Juneja and their team.
In this study, they suggest that theanine functions as a neurotransmitter, which raises alpha waves in the brain. these alpha waves are regarded as being an indicator of relaxation or comfort.
Human volunteers received 50-200 mg of l-theanine and they were found to possess increased alpha waves without drowsiness and signifying
Reduces risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s come on the 3rd place as the benefits of green tea.
3) Reduces Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
Green tea contains bioactive compounds, which has many different protective effects on neurons. It can possibly lower the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Alzheimer’s disease is disease, which is a very common neurodegenerative issue in humans and It can possibly trigger problems like dementia.
- Parkinson’s disease is disease, which is a very common neurodegenerative issue and It includes involves the death of dopamine forming neurons in the brain.
There are many studies present which indicates that the catechin compounds, which is found in green tea can have different protective effects on neurons in test tubes and animal models, most likely reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
The 4th benefit of green is about cholesterol, It helps with cholesterol levels.
4) Increases the Percentage of Good Cholesterol
Green tea supports us with cholesterol levels. It decreases bad cholesterol in the blood.
This could possibly unusual that the majority of people are finding approaches to lowers LDL Cholesterol (The Bad Cholesterol). the reason behind this because high cholesterol is fairly frequent.
According to the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 73.5 million adults in the United States are suffering from high low-density lipoprotein LDL cholesterol (The Bad Cholesterol).
People with high total cholesterol have somewhere around two times the possibility for heart diseases in comparison with people with ideal levels, CDC suggests.
Drinking 10 cups of green tea a day has a significant effect in reducing serum total cholesterol.
A study indicates that Consumption of green tea has linked with lower levels of serum total cholesterol in both men and women. the excess consumption of green tea, as they examined by including more than 10 cups of green tea a day and found that drinking 10 cups of green tea made an appearance to level off serum total cholesterol.
5th benefit of green tea is about guard from Cardiovascular disease, which is the leading factor of death in the world.
5) Lower Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiovascular diseases include heart disease and stroke.
According to World Health Organization, Ischaemic heart disease and stroke are the most significant factors that lead to causes of death in the world.
Green tea significantly improves the antioxidant efficiency of the blood, which helps to protect the LDL cholesterol particles from oxidation, which is one component of the process towards heart disease.
A study indicates that Lung Chen Tea and catechin-rich fractions drastically held back endothelial cell induced LDL oxidation. As a result, Consumption of Lung Chen Tea could possibly lower the risk of coronary heart diseases. Lung Chen Tea is a non-fermented Chinese green tea.
Another study suggests that drinking 5 or more than 5 cups green tea has a significant effect, It decreases the risk of death from cardiovascular diseases in both men and women.
Woman who consumed 5 or more than 5 cups of green tea daily had a 31% reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease and man who consumed 5 or main than 5 cups had a 22% reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease.
6th benefit of green tea is about dental health, green tea also helps to prevent tooth decay.
6) Help to Prevent Tooth Decay
How Bacteria Develops into Cavities
Eating food is an important part of life to survive and provide our body required nutrients that body can not make them self, but when we eat food, there some condition can be form because of bacteria into our mouth that may cause cavities.
Bacteria in our mouth is a common thing, and they can be harmful. if they are not removed they will multiply and develop in large number up to the point a colony forms.
some bacteria that form collectively uses sugar as a form of energy to develop into plaque, that is the reason sugar performs a damaging job in tooth decay. they split speedily and the plaque develops.
a number of the bacteria change the sugar into a form of glue and uses to stick to the tooth surface.
Catechins Compound in Green Tea is Good for Oral Health
Green Tea has catechins compounds, which may hinder the development of bacteria and certain viruses. this will likely decrease the risk of infections and provide us a good dental health.
- A Study indicates that green tea hinder the growth of various bacteria which is regarded to trigger diarrhoeal diseases.
- one study suggests that polyphenols present in green tea have inhibitory action
towards the progression of bacterial spores.
- The several study suggests that catechins compound present in green tea has antiviral effects on certain viruses.
- A number of Studies indicate that catechins compound present in green tea can hinder the development of streptococcus mutans. however, Drinking green tea is linked with better oral health and a reduced risk of caries.
- One study shows that chewing of gum containing tea catechins is effective to depress the bad breath, another study show that It reduces the bad breath.
Slow down aging and offer Spell of Youth Comes in 7 in the list of benefits of green tea.
7) Slow Down Aging And Offers You Spell of Youth
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, and one of the big reason of aging is oxidation by free radicals.
Green tea has polyphenols such as flavonoids and catechins, these compounds act as strong antioxidants.
these compounds present in green tea can slow down the growing free radicals in the body, and it protects cells and molecules from damage.
According to a study of the University of Campbell observed that practitioners of a green tea ceremony revealed longer life spans in japan, San Francisco Gate suggests.
Collagen is a protein in our skin that help us for looking young, the antioxidants present in green tea could possibly support hinder free radicals from breaking down collagen.
8th is the famous benefit of green tea, the fat burning properties of green tea is popular.
8) Fat Burning Qualities of Green Tea
Green tea has thermogenic qualities and stimulates fat oxidation more than that revealed by its caffeine content per se.
One study suggests that consumption of green extract increases fat oxidation by 17%, implying that green tea may selectively boost the burning of fat.
The above-mentioned studies could possibly the reason that green tea is present in the list of ingredients for any fat burning supplements.
Lower the risk of type II diabetes comes in the 9th position as the benefits of green tea.
9) Lower Risk of Type II Diabetes
Green tea can possibly reduce the risk of growing type II diabetes and also induce moderate reductions in blood sugar levels.
A study on individuals of japan discovered that people who consumed the green tea had a lower risk of developing type II diabetes, this study had other drinks like oolong tea, coffee, and black tea but they found that consumption of green tea, coffee, and total caffeine was linked with a lower risk for type II diabetes.
Green tea can decrease blood sugar levels and enhance insulin sensitivity, several studies suggest.
Drinking a cup of green tea gives a lot of different health benefits, that makes it world’s healthiest drink.
Have a good day :).