How Many Cups of Black Tea Should You Drink Per Day?
Black tea is famous globally. Some varieties of this tea are also included in English breakfast and Irish breakfast.
Like other types of tea, black tea also comes from Camellia Sinensis plant. You may sometimes wonder about “How many cups of black tea can you drink per day?”
Well, we would guide you through how much is considered to be beneficial and what are the benefits related to the amount of consumption.
How Much Black Tea Should You Drink Per Day?
It is often recommended that you should drink black tea purely without adding any extra components like sugar or milk, to gain the additional benefits. Like all the other forms of tea, black tea also has a moderate amount of which it should be consumed.
Research suggests you can drink no more than three cups of black tea per day.
Drinking three cups of black tea has a lot of benefits. If you drink three cups of black tea or coffee per day, the risk of developing type 2 diabetes will go down by 42 percent.
Another suggestion also indicates that if you drink more than three cups of black tea per day, your risk of developing stroke also goes down by 21 percent, compared to those who drank one cup or less than it on a daily basis.
However, there are other suggestions which cross this limit of three times.
One of the studies claims that if you drink one to four cups, about 125 to 500 milliliters of black tea daily, it will inhibit the arteries hardening which helps to prevent the risk of atherosclerosis.
The ideal amount of black tea for women is considered to be one to four cups per day.
Dr. Axe recommends that men who have a caffeine intake of 421 to 2716 milligram, are less likely to suffer from Parkinson’s disease. This amounts to about 33 cups of black tea per day.
He further adds that if men who drink one to three cups of black tea, which is about 124-208 milligram of caffeine, are also at a lower risk of suffering from Parkinson’s disease.
Nevertheless, you should refrain from drinking 33 cups of black tea, as an excess of caffeine can lead to further risks of developing the diseases. Also, You should not drink more than 5 cups of black tea per day.
Research Studies About Black Tea
As per a study published in the journal Diabetologia, drinking three cups of black tea can efficiently reduce the risk of developing Type 2 disease.
The study had 40011 people taking part in it for a term of 10 years. Out of them, 918 participants developed Type 2 diabetes. The results showed that people who drank tea or coffee had reduced risk of suffering from type 2 diabetes.
It further adds that as black tea reduces the risk of developing the risk of type 2 diabetes by 42 percent. Because of this, it considered being an essential part of the diet for diabetic people.
Another study showed that people who drink black tea could lower blood platelet activation, which results in forming of blood clots. This, in turn, increases the risk of heart attack.
The American Heart Association performed a study in New Orleans reported that people who drink black tea regularly had reduced level of bad cholesterol or LDL cholesterol. This helps to reduce the risk of developing any cardiovascular disease.
Health Benefits of Black Tea
Black tea is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, which makes it very beneficial.
Some of the health benefits of drinking black tea are as follows:
1) Black tea contains phytochemicals, which promotes the bone health and helps them keep healthy. It also prevents the risk of developing arthritis.
2) It is rich in alkylamine antigens which helps in enhancing the immune system.
3) Black tea is rich in caffeine and antioxidants which help to promote stronger hair. The caffeine helps in reducing hair loss, and the antioxidants promote the hair growth.
4) It also reduces osteoporosis.
5) Black tea is also known for its ability to reduce the risk of stroke.
6) It contains tannins and hence is useful for treating diarrhea. It is suggested to people suffering from diarrhea to drink this black tea.
7) Black tea is loaded with tannins and all other essential chemicals. The presence of such chemicals has a relaxing and positive impact on the body’s digestive system. The tea is anti-inflammatory and hence is useful for curing various digestive disorders.
8) Black tea is also known for its benefit of inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells in women. The theaflavins present in black tea destroys all the abnormal cells which have a risk of changing into something cancerous.
9) The amino acid, l-theanine is present in black tea, which helps in keeping the person relaxed. Some studies performed have shown that black tea plays a vital role in lowering the level of cortisol, the stress hormone.
Side Effects of Black Tea
Due to the presence of caffeine, black tea has some side effects associated with it, some of them are mentioned below:
1) Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid black tea as an excess of it may increase the risk of miscarriage.
2) Too much of black tea can increase the presence of anxiety thus leading to anxiety and sleep disorders.
3) Excess of black tea can also cause an irregular heartbeat.
4) Too much of black tea can also cause a headache.
5) Excess of black tea can lead to an increased urge to urinate and also irregular heartbeat.
Black tea is one of the most popular kinds of tea which is loved and appreciated by most of the people. If the moderate amount is excessed, it can cause harmful effects too.
If required, you can also consult with your doctor about “How Many cups of black tea can you drink per day?” to be on the safe side.
You can enjoy black tea with or without added milk and sugar. It depends on your choice.
Black tea is available in different flavors around the world. So, take a sip of this refreshing drink and enjoy it.