35 Easy Ways: How To Make Your Periods Come Sooner Naturally?
Irregular periods isn’t something uncommon for women. For some, it’s too late, and for others, it’s too early.
Getting your periods during any important event might disturb you.
Often, you might wish that your periods come sooner if any critical occasion is near. There are some natural ways by which you can induce your periods to come earlier, to avoid the sudden arrival of the annoying periods.
Mood swings caused by period can spoil your whole mood and eventually the event too.
Also, if you’re suffering from conditions like polycystic syndrome, you might as well want to know how to induce your periods to come a bit sooner.
What is Menstruation?
Menstruation is the regular monthly changes in the female reproductive system. Blood and mucosal tissues are discharged during this time. If the eggs of the female aren’t fertilized during the ovulation period, the uterus starts shedding its lining leading to blood flow. This usually varies from 2-7 days. If your periods aren’t arriving at regular intervals, you should visit the doctor.
Menstruation first occurs at the age of twelve to fifteen years. This is termed as menarche. In some cases, periods may also occur at the age of 8 and would be considered normal.
The menarche varies in developed and less developed countries. In the less well-developed countries periods may onset later while those in the developed, periods may onset earlier.
In case of young women, the first day of the period usually ranges between 21 to 45 days, while those in the adult it may vary from 21 to 31 days. Periods stop after the age of 45-55 usually, and the phase is termed menopause.
Periods do not appear during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
About 80% of the women face symptoms before their period which includes acne, bloating, mood swings, tiredness, irritability, and tender breasts. These symptoms may hamper your healthy life.
Up to 20-30%, women suffer from premenstrual syndrome while 3-8% of women suffer from severe premenstrual syndromes.
Menstruation is also termed as periods or monthly. Some people have given it name such as week as the leap week, shark week, Aunt Flo is visiting, On a ketchup diet, etc.
Is It Possible for You to Induce Period to Come Sooner?
Well, most of the women are aware of the fact that we can easily delay our periods. There are many ways through which you can delay your period.
Medicines are also available to delay periods, but you should even know that there are methods to pre-pone your periods and make them come sooner.
There are some simple homemade remedies that allow your periods to come earlier. You can also follow some exercises which will assist to make your periods come earlier.
Why Do You Need to Make Your Periods Come Faster?
Instead of delaying periods, you might want to induce periods sooner in case of events. There are a number of reasons, due to which you may wish to your periods to come sooner. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
1) Menstrual Cycle is Affected by Menopausal
Women who are on the verge of menopausal, suffer from irregular periods. Although, it isn’t a matter of much concern.
However, in this case, you should always prefer taking advice from any doctor, rather than trying to induce your periods to come earlier.
2) Irregular Menstrual Cycle
Almost all the women suffer from the irregular period problem at some point in their lifetime. This condition is known as oligomenorrhea.
An irregular menstrual cycle is one of the major reasons as in why women would want to prepone their periods.
In case of a regular period, it comes within a cyclic time of 28-32 days, but if you’re suffering from irregular periods, it might just get delayed and might not appear for few months.
This may be annoying to many, so they use the remedies just to make their periods come faster.
Women may also suffer from irregular periods due to breastfeeding. So, in those cases too they tend to make their periods come sooner.
3) Avoiding Pregnancy
Many women also try to induce periods earlier to avoid the risk of pregnancy. Though pregnancy is good news for women, sometimes, most of them aren’t ready, and it becomes scary. Hence women try to get their periods earlier just to avoid pregnancy.
4) Upcoming Events
When asked about why women want to pre-pone their periods, the most common answer is an upcoming event.
When you wish to attend any event, you may just not want to arrive there with your frustrated mood and cramps. Women try out several remedies to induce their period and get off the periods so that they can enjoy the event.
Different Ways that Will Help You Get Your Period Come Sooner?
There are a number of ways through which you can make your periods come faster naturally. These ways include certain exercises, diets, homemade remedies and even some other natural ways.
A bit change in your diet can also help you to get your periods faster. An irregular menstrual cycle can be annoying and may often be caused by excess stress, change of lifestyle, weight loss or even medical conditions like PCOS.
But obviously, there are many ways through which you can make your periods come faster. Some of them are as follows:
1) Schedule Your Dates Earlier
Prior planning can easily help you to determine the date of your period. By making a proper schedule, you would come to know when your date is to arrive. In that way, you can be prepared for making your periods arrive early.
By knowing the starting and the ending date, you will be able to see the baseline of the period. The change in the level of hormones as well as stress can delay your periods. When you are planning to make your periods come sooner, you should take into account these conditions.
2) Choose Menstrual Synchrony
It is believed that close female friends who meet regularly with each other almost have the same menstrual cycle. Their starting and ending date are in synchrony which each other.
The phenomena are termed menstrual synchrony. Although it is not correctly understood, many women have said that this phenomenon works.
3) Take Medications
Many doctors suggest taking birth contraceptives on a regular basis for women, especially those suffering from PCOS, to help them get their periods faster.
To control the level of estrogen, progesterone, and androgen, it is advised to women below the age of 35 years to take birth control pills. It can solve some symptoms such as excessive hair growth, acne and other signs of the irregular period.
In case you’ve missed the first day of your period, you can also consider taking aspirin. To make your periods come earlier, drink a mixture of two crushed aspirins mixed in half cup of water with added half tablespoons of honey and sugar respectively.
4) Balanced Diet
A balanced diet is very healthy. Sudden weight gain can severely affect the menstrual cycle, so you should lose the extra kilos to have a normal cycle. Not only overweight, but too skinny women should also get into a fit shape to have a proper menstrual cycle.
The estrogen level in women with too many fat cells has excess estrogen circulation, while it is the opposite in skinny women. Too much or too less of estrogen in the female body can affect the menstrual cycle. Thereby, you need to follow a balanced diet.
You should reduce sodium intake. Excess salt in the body leads to fluid retention and also bad menstrual bloating. It is better to consider eating foods rich in carotene as it will make periods come faster.
You can also add peach, papaya, apricot, mustard, eggs, pumpkins and some other ingredients in your diet to make your periods come faster.
5) Choose Warm Bath & Coverings
Warm baths and hot coverings can help a lot, not only to induce periods but also to relax the PMS symptoms. It also helps in calming down the abdominal pain and enhances the flow of blood from uterus.
6) Have Sex
You can also make your periods come faster by having sex. Having sex with your partner can help to relax the muscles of the vagina that will help to shed the uterus lining. However, sex may not always help to induce periods faster, but still, trying out isn’t a bad option.
7) Apply Hot Compress
Keeping your body heat will also help to induce menstruation quicker. If you apply heat on your lower abdomen, it will help to heat up the body thereby helping to make menstruation come faster.
You can as well choose to sit in a hot bath for about 30 minutes daily a few days before your expected day of a period. Drinking lukewarm water can also be of great help.
8) Reduce Stress and Calm Yourself Down
Amenorrhea is often caused by stress. Too much of stress can interfere with your menstrual cycle. Hence, calm yourself down. Take a hot bath, relax and keep yourself calm.
As per the researchers, stress and increased cortisol secretion are responsible for suppressing women’s hypothalamic gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) input into the pituitary-ovarian axis.
This will cause a delay in ovulation and may also be a cause of infertility. Relaxed level of stress can cause the GnRH to return and also helps the resumption of ovulation and menstruation.
Exercise not only helps to keep yourself fit but is also helpful for a less painful period. They also improve the circulation of blood, hence, making it easy for your periods to come sooner. However, do not choose too much of exercise as it can lead to opposite effect.
10) Castor Oil & Hot Water Bag
Castor oil and hot water bag are said to be effective in inducing periods to come early.
Castor oil helps in proper circulation of blood in ovaries and softens the scar tissues in the uterus. It can bear beneficial results in just two days if you follow the steps mentioned below:
- With the castor oil, moisten a cloth and keep it on your lower abdomen
- Over the cloth place the hot water bag
- Let it rest there for 10 to 15 minutes and repeat the process for every 2 to 3 times a day
Home Remedies That Will Help to Make Your Periods Come Faster Naturally
If you do not like too many medications, there are options to make your periods come earlier. Mentioned below are some homemade remedies that can help you to induce your periods earlier:
11) Turmeric & Jaggery
It is often observed that an increase in body heat can help to induce periods to come sooner.
Both turmeric and jaggery increase the heat of the body, which causes the menstrual cycle to be completed at a much faster rate.
You can prepare this homemade remedy, by following the methods mentioned below:
- Mix a half teaspoon of powdered jaggery and a half teaspoon of powdered turmeric into a glass of water
- To get your periods sooner, start drinking this mixture a week or two before your expected date of periods
12) Black Cumin
Black Cumin can also help to make your periods come earlier. It helps to induce menstruation and also helps to increase the flow of urine as well as the flow of milk. It also has some other benefits too.
In Indian culture after giving birth women are made to drink black cumin water, and their foods are also spiced up with black cumin, to cleanse the system and help the women to produce breast milk.
In your salads, you can add some roasted black cumin powder, and you can also boil the water to get the benefits.
Pomegranate juice is also known to induce periods earlier. You should start drinking pomegranate juice for three times a day for about 10 to 15 days regularly before the starting of your expected date.
You can also mix pomegranate juice with sugarcane juice in a ratio of 1:1 and drink it for four times a day.
14) Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)
Do you know that methi or fenugreek seeds can help a lot in inducing your periods to come earlier?
Well, the answer is yes they can induce your periods to come earlier. Experts have recommended trying fenugreek seeds to induce your periods.
You can follow the steps mentioned below to prepare this homemade remedy:
- Take some water and boil it
- In boiled water, add fenugreek seeds
- Drink it regularly to get the beneficial results
Papayas are one of the efficient homemade recipes to make your periods come earlier.
Dr. Batra indicates that papaya promotes the contraction of uterus thereby causing periods. Also, the carotene present within papayas stimulates the estrogen, thereby causing periods to come earlier.
You can either eat papaya in its raw form or also make a juice of it. To get the most benefits, you can either eat a bowl of fresh papaya or even drink papaya juice during your cycle.
Parsley has apiol and myristicin, both of which is known to stimulate the uterus and cause menstruation. To make your periods come faster, you should consider drinking parsley tea twice.
As your daily dosage is 6 grams, you can consider consuming 2 grams of parsley at a single time for thrice a day.
To make parsley tea, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Take 150ml of water
- Boil it
- Add six grams of parsley to it
17) Chamomile Tea
As per the claims of the renowned Greek physician, botanist, and pharmacologist Pedanius Dioscorides, chamomile has certain abortive properties. Substances with abortive properties can induce your periods faster.
He said that the roots, flowers and the entire plant are known for its benefits of inducing menstruations and releasing the embryo. It also allows the discharge of stones and urine, if they are used as infusions and baths.
His claims lack scientific support, but it has been found that chamomile tea has a soothing effect of menstrual cramps. Therefore, you can try the tea chamomile tea to make your periods come faster.
18) Coconut Water
The water in coconut has some natural compounds that can help to contract the muscles in your uterus. Within one day, it can make your periods come early. You need to stay on an empty stomach for about 5 hours in the morning, and at certain intervals, you must drink only water.
Drink 300-400ml of fresh coconut water with a bit of patience. After you drink the coconut water, eat your brunch. Do the same thing in the evening for a few days to get the better results.
19) Sesame Seeds
Not many know, but sesame seeds too can help in inducing early periods as they can easily heat up the body. You should start consuming sesame seeds 15 days before your expected date to get the periods started early.
Follow these steps and prepare the homemade remedy:
- Take some water
- Add a teaspoon of sesame seeds to it and start drinking it
- You need to repeat this process for two times a day
- You can also eat a teaspoon of fried sesame or plain sesame seeds added in honey
To induce your periods to come sooner, repeat this process for about two to three times every day, a few days before your period starts.
20) Aloe Vera
The juice obtained from aloe vera is considered to be an efficient emmenagogue. To induce your periods, you should drink a mixture of honey and aloe vera gel. It is said that consuming this on a regular basis will help to get periods faster.
21) Ginger Tea
Drinking ginger tea might induce your periods faster. You should prefer drinking one or two cups of ginger tea on a regular basis, a few days before your expected date.
You can even start drinking it after your period ends. This will induce menstrual bleeding within few days. However, some women may suffer from restlessness and hot flashes due to ginger tea.
22) Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds can also help in inducing your periods to come earlier. If you drink the tea of fennel seeds every morning in empty stomach, your periods may come earlier. This will also prove beneficial for enhancing your flow.
Follow the steps mentioned below, to prepare this homemade remedy:
- Take a glass of water
- In a glass of water, mix 2 spoons of fennel seeds
- Cover it overnight so that fennels can infuse the water effectively
- This should be the first thing that you drink in the morning to get the results
The stalks, as well as the leaves of celery, are loaded with apiol. Apiol stimulates the uterus and also helps it in contracting. The herb also helps to induce the flow of blood to uterus as well as pelvis.
Therefore, it is believed it can also induce the menstruation. To get an early period, you should drink celery juice every morning.
24) Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps to promote the estrogen production that builds up the uterine lining, making the uterus to contract and help in menstrual bleeding.
Some supplements can provide 3000mg of vitamin C for 3 days to you. There are some natural sources which can provide a high dose of vitamin C such as orange, lemon, parsley and green tea are loaded with vitamin C.
Cranberry juice is also a better option. Although, you should avoid vitamin C in case of pregnancy as it can cause miscarriage.
Exercises That Can Help You Make Periods Come Faster
For all the fitness freaks, the good news is that some exercises can help induce your periods to come earlier.
These no equipment workouts can be done anywhere anytime, and are pretty easy. These exercises do not harm your hormones and are safe.
These exercises will take some time to work and would not work immediately. However, they will be effective in speeding up the things that will help you get your periods early.
The exercises mentioned below can help a lot to start the period earlier:
25) Jump Rope
You may have been practicing jump rope since your childhood days, so this shouldn’t be any hard to you. To do this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Get a jumping rope and hold it in your hands
- Stand in the straight posture
- Place your knees, and feet close together
- Place the rope behind the ankles
- Start jumping but make sure the position while jumping and standing is the same
- Keep your body posture straight
- You can do this rope jumping for about 3-4 minutes per day to make your periods come sooner
Continuous leg movement such as running will help to ‘wake up’ the pelvic area, jogging, and walking are equally effective for getting periods earlier. To stimulate the torso, move your arms too as you move forward.
You can even try going up towards a hill area, it will pressurize your core and will be the added challenge. Run for 30 minutes, but take breaks in between.
Sit-ups are another exercise that can help you get your periods early. The movement regularly helps to tense up the abdominal muscle. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do the exercise:
- Lie down straight on your back, keep the knees bent, and feet should be placed flat on the ground. The hips should be kept width apart.
- Make a cross with arms over the chest and try lifting your upper body. Make use of your stomach muscles, instead of the back. This will help to prevent injury during periods.
- Complete one sit-up for 1 second and then come back to your position.
- Repeat this process for about 10 to 15 times.
28) Standing Twists
Standing twists are easy and helpful for getting periods earlier. You can do standing twists anywhere. If you’re on your way somewhere or standing straight, you may get to do standing twists very easily. You need to follow the steps mentioned below to do the exercise:
- Keep your hip wide apart and your hands on your hips.
- Twist your body a bit towards the right till you feel your back is tightened.
- Come back to the center and then repeat the same process towards the left. This will complete your one rep.
- Do this process for 10 to 15 times.
29) Bicycle Crunch
Do you know bicycle crunch can help you get your periods early? This exercise affects your abdominal muscle. It is also very essential for keeping your body as it not only tones up your thighs but also sets your abs muscles. To do this, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Start from the back and keep the heads behind your hands behind your head. Keep your knees bent and plant feet on the ground.
- Raise your upper body and lift and bring your left knee closer to the chest.
- Bend the right elbow towards left knee and keep the right foot flat. Don’t put too much of pressure on the neck or pull on the head. To lift up, use core muscles.
- Come back to your resting position.
- Repeat the same, with right knee and left elbow. This will complete one rep.
- Repeat it for 10 to 15 times.
Scissors are pretty useful in getting the periods early. This inner thigh workout will help to lose the pelvic muscles.
- Lie down straight on the mat and lift your legs.
- Keep the legs straight and lower the left leg slowly but don’t touch the floor, keep it a few inches above the ground.
- Lift your head and shoulders, to hold the back of the right leg and pull it a bit closer to you.
- Repeat the process for another leg.
- Keep doing it for 15 times.
The lower body of great help to induce periods, thereby stimulating the muscles of the pelvis as well as abdomen. This workout for thighs can be beneficial. Some of the steps are as follows:
- Place your feet and shoulder at a width apart.
- Lower your buttocks, till the hips are under the knees. Keep the back straight and feet flat. The weight should be on heels and not toes. Keep your hands clasped in front of you.
- Use the core muscles and hold in the position for some time.
- Come back to your starting position to complete one rep.
- Keep in mind to use the core muscles for support. This will help you to get your periods earlier.
- Repeat the process for 10 to 15 times.
32) Reverse Crunches
The reverse crunches can help a lot in inducing your periods early. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the process:
- Lie on the mat and keep your arms in the resting position.
- Bend the knees and keep the legs a bit raised from the floor.
- Keep the feet perpendicular to the floor and feet firm on the ground.
- Inhale and bring your knees close to the face. Stay in the position for some time.
- Exhale and bring the leg slowly to the ground.
- Repeat it for 20 times.
Push-ups also can be of great help to induce your periods earlier. Follow the steps mentioned below to get your periods early:
- Lie down on your stomach on the floor and place your feet together.
- Take the support of hands with palms, while pushing yourself upwards.
- Bend the hands and put the weight of your body on the hand as well as feet.
- Take the support of your hand and feet while moving upwards and downwards for few times. Inhale as you move closer to the ground.
- Exhale when you move upwards.
- Do the process for 12 to 20 times.
34) Abdominal Twist
This exercise may appear a bit tough, but then it can be of great help to stimulate the muscles and blood flow in the lower body. In the initial phase, practice the twist, and once you’ve learned it properly, you can choose to do it with a medicine ball.
- Sit on the mat and keep the knees bent.
- Keep the back as flat as possible while you move slightly towards the back.
- Move the upper body from the right like a seated twist. Don’t move your knees.
- Come back to the normal position, and repeat the same towards left. This will equal to one rep.
- Repeat the process for 15 times.
35) Stability Ball Knee Tuck
Though stability ball knee tuck seems a little too complicated, once you get along with it, the process is easy. It is very beneficial for pelvic muscles and stomach.
To do it you need to do the following steps:
- Take a stability ball.
- Keep it on the floor.
- Lie down on the ball with your face towards the floor.
- Move forward with the help of the arms.
- The ball should move towards the back of your body.
- Take full support of your arms.
- When you’ve done this, you can try moving your chests towards your knee and stretch your hands.
- Repeat the process for 15 to 20 times.
Side Effects of Inducing Periods to Come Sooner
Making your periods come sooner may seem to be a good option for attending an important event. But keep in mind to not doing this regularly as it may have some side effects.
In case of homemade remedies, there may be no side effects or lesser than the pills. Some of the side effects are mentioned below:
- Trying to get periods earlier may trigger off some allergic reactions.
- This may also cause sudden weight gain, feeling of nausea.
- Too much of vitamin C for getting periods can cause hemorrhage.
- Sometimes using vitamin C to get periods may not be considered safe, as it may cause some serious side effects.
- It can also result in higher risk of kidney stones.
Precautions to be Taken While Trying to Get Periods Earlier
Before trying to induce your periods to come sooner, there are certain precautions that you should take to avoid the risk of any side effects:-
- As mentioned earlier, consuming too much of vitamin C can have serious health risks, it is better to avoid the excess of Vitamin C.
- Most importantly, you should consult with a doctor before trying out the remedies, if you have any underlying medical conditions.
- Certain ingredients may trigger off allergic reactions, so it is better to avoid some if you’re allergic to some ingredients.
Menstruation comes with a sign of you being healthy as well as with those annoying menstrual cramps, so you can as well call it a blessing and a curse at the same time. Often, periods turn up at the most inappropriate time causing a feeling of irritation.
As Aunt Flo is a natural phenomenon, you should not interfere with it. Try getting your periods earlier only when it is too necessary. Trying to induce your periods unnecessarily can have certain side effects.
The homemade remedies have lesser side effects compared to those of medications. The no equipment workouts can also help to get your periods earlier.
To make your periods come earlier naturally, you can also choose to keep your body warm for a longer period. Yoga is also helpful to get periods earlier.