10 Benefits & Uses Of Vijaysar Tree (Pterocarpus Marsupium) & Its Side Effect
Vijaysar the Pterocarpus Marsupium is famous for numerous medicinal uses and it is also popular because it helps in lowering blood sugar level. I wanted to find out more about Vijaysar benefits and how it works, and the truth behind Indian Kino. Let’s start with the introduction of Vijaysar Tree.
What is Pterocarpus Marsupium?
Pterocarpus marsupium is well-knwon as Malabar kino, Indian Kino, and Vijaysar.
Indian Kimo is a medium to large deciduous tree, which usually raise to 30 metres tall in height. It is indigenous to Nepal, Srilanka and India. It arises in regions of the western ghats in the Karnataka-kerala region and you can find Vijaysar tree in the forest of central India.
Common Names of Vijaysar Tree
Vijaysar Tree has different names in other language, and they are following-:
- Vijayasara, Vijaysar,Bija, Beejaka, Asana (Hindi)
- Indian Kino tree, Malabar Kino tree, Red sandalwood (English)
- Vegai, Venga katal, Vengai (Tamil)
- Vegisa, Peddagi, Yegi (Telugu)
- Biyo (Gujarati)
- Piashala, Piasal (Oriya)
- Bijasar (Urdu)
- Venga (Malayalam)
- Banga, Bange mara, Kempu honne, Bijasara, Asana (Kannada)
- Peetashal, Piyasal, Piyasala, Pitasala, (Bengali)
- Chandan Lal, Channanlal (Punjabi)
- Vivala, Bibala (Marathi)
- Lal Chandeur (Kashmiri)
- Bijaysaar Siddha, Tamil-Vengai (Unani)
- Biyo, Asana, vijaysar, Pitasara, Asanam, bijasal (Ayurvedic)
Latin Name of Vijaysar-:
- Pterocarpus marsupium Roxb. (Fabaceae)
Sanskrit & Indian name of Vijaysar
- Bijaka, Pitasara, Pitashalaka
Scientific or Botanical Name of Vijaysar
The scientific name or Botanical name of Vijaysar is Pterocarpus Marsupium.
Benefits of Vijaysar Tree (Pterocarpus Marsupium)
Pterocarpus Marsupium is widely used in Ayurveda for the therapy of condtions like diarrhea, viriligo, eczema, psoriasis, obesity and diabetes.
The anti-hyperlipdemic properties of Vijaysar tree helps in reducing total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein and serum triglyceride levels in the body. The antibacterial and astringent properties of Vijaysar helps to treat cuts, bruises and other skin problems.
1) Control Blood Sugar Level in Diabetes
Vijaysar is well-known remedy to take care of diabetes. Pterocarpus marsupium reduces blood sugar level, cholesterol and triglycerides. It also lowers the symptoms of diabetes such as frequent urination, over eating, regular thirsts, and burning pains in limbs.
Vijaysar continues to be used for diabetics for thousands of years. In ancient time, people had a unique method of implementing Vijaysar tree for dealing with diabetics.
They designed tumblers from wood of Vijaysar tree. sufferers were made to consume by the tumblers. Vijaysar Tumbler is created from its heartwood.
Vijaysar Tumbler And Diabetes
The water is kept in the tumbler of Vijaysar overnight and taken for controlling blood sugar level. The wood of Pterocarpus Marsupium releases it’s essence into the water when it’s soaked in water for a number of hours or overnight.
Tumblers will turn the color of water into reddish brown color and neutral taste. Tumblers made from wood of Vijaysar tree are expected to last for 45 days.
In case you are a diabetic patient and actually having medications for it in that case you should examine your blood sugar levels regularly because Pterocarpus Marsupium lowers blood sugar levels drastically.
A clinical research performed by ICMR on lately identified Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus noticed to decrease blood sugar levels. Another research found the Anti-diabetic activity .
This Vijaysar tumblers are available online to buy easily.
2) For Diarrhea
Pterocarpus Marsupium is good for diarrhea, the resin and bark are utilized to deal with diarrhea, IBS with diarrhea, ulceratie colitis.
3) Balances Pitta
Vijaysar has astringent properties, which balances pitta and helpful in bleeding problems and gout.
4) Intestinal Parasites
The herbal tea that is made by using bark of Vijaysar tree are used in the case of intestinal parasites.
5) Skin Problems
Pterocarpus Marsupium is utilized as a standard skin tonic for a duration of 3-4 months to deal with chronic skin problems, which includes vitiligo, psoriasis, eczema etc.
Beejaka is applied as one of the ingredient in numerous Ayurvedic medicines for skin conditions, For example:- Maha Manjistadi kashayam, Ayaskriti and many others.
Crushed leaves of the Vijaysar tree also used externally for treating boils, sores and specific kinds of skin problems.
6) Dental Health
Pterocarpus Marsupium is used as an astringent and it helps to treat dental issue like toothache. Bard and twigs of the Vijaysar tree is also used as a tooth brush.
The antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties makes it a good ingredient in herbal tooth powder.
7) Antimicrobial Properties
This herb includes antimicrobial properties, which is used to act against specific kinds of bacteria and virus.
8) Reduces Excess Fat
Along with many beneficial effects of Vijaysar, It also helps reducing excess fat from the body.
9) Lowers Total Cholesterol
Vijaysar shows good antihyperlipdemic properties. It assists in lowering total cholesterol, LDL, VLDL and serum triglyceride levels in your body. On the other hand, It fails to induce any change in the HDL cholesterol levels.
10) Reduces Joints Pain
Medicinal uses of Pterocaprus marsupium includes management of bruises, fractures and joints pain.
Side Effects of Vijaysar (Pterocarpus Marsupium)
- For the reason that it has astringent properties, It is used to treat Diarrhea. Therefore, It is not suggested during constipation.
- Sufferers of diabetic who are already on diabetic treatment should take this herb with precaution, Because it lowers blood sugar levels.
- Regularly, Monitor your blood sugar level
- Consult Your doctor before Starting the usage of Vijaysar, they will give you right suggestion that you should use it or not.
Uses of Vijaysar in Asana Vilwadi Thailam
The polyherbal ayurvedic medicated oil also known as Asana Vilwadi Thailam, is produced from sesame oil and medicial herbs. Herbs that are used in the polyherbal ayurvedic medicated oil includes giloy, mulethi, triphala, bala, and sunthi. Heartwood and Bael root of Vijaysar are principle herbs of this oil.
Uses of Asana Vilwadi Thailam
- This oil is helpful in problems related to eyes, ear and head.
- Asana vilwadi thailam is used in application of herbal oils to the body, which is known as ayurvedic massage in Ayurveda.
Asana Vilwadi Thailam is suggested in following diseases
- Nayana Roga= “Nayana” means Eye and “Roga” means Disease, that is disease of eye. It includes eye pain, eye infection.
- Karna Roga= “Karna” means Ear and “Roga” means Disease, that is disease of ear. It includes hearing difficulties, pain in ear.
- Shiro Roga= “Shiro” means head and “Roga” means Disease, that is disease of head. It includes migraine, pain in head.
- This is for only external uses, and It should be used on head just in case of diseases of head.
I introduced to health benefits & medicinal uses of Vijaysar tree (Pterocarpus Marsupium) and the side effects.
Scientifically proven that how it is helpful for diabetes and reduces sugar level.
Let us know your comments about Vijaysar the Pterocarpus Marsupium.