Bananas are one of the most largely consumed fruits on the earth. It is the fruit of the banana tree.
It belongs to family Musaceae.
An extraordinary aspect regarding bananas is that it is tasty as well as affordable and accessible all over the year not at all like many other fruits.
Banana is quite gently eaten for its taste, consistency, and sensation of fullness not at all like different fruits that are eaten because of their much-known health advantages.
Americans Favorite Fruit
According to United States Department of Agriculture (ERS’s loss-adjusted food availability data), It is one of the favorite fresh fruit of Americans.
They consumed an average of 46.5 pounds of fresh fruit and 10.4 pounds bananas per person in the year of 2010.
Scientific Name of Banana
the Scientific Name of banana is Musa Acuminata and Musa Balbisiana.
The old scientific name Musa sapientum is no longer used.
Bananas with delicious recipes
1) Richest Source of Potassium
- Bananas are famous for their richest quality of potassium.
- According to United States Department of Agriculture, one medium size of banana has 422 mg potassium.
- Bananas are among the list of the richest sources of potassium.
- Potassium helps oxygen to get to your cell and also manages blood flow and hydration level in your body.
- High intake of potassium also decreases the rate of dying from other causes by 20%.
- It is a mineral electrolyte, which maintains electricity flowing throughout your body.
- Potassium is valuable in protecting against high blood pressure.
- It also reduces the threats for heart disease and strokes.
2) Good Enhancer of Your Mood & Protect Against Depression
- Bananas have high levels of tryptophan. Our body converts tryptophan into serotonin, which enhances our mood.
- Serotonin protects against mood issues such as anxiety and depression.
- The study indicates that tryptophan performs an important role in preserving memory and boosting your mood.
- Banana also contains vitamin B6, which can assist you to get better sleep, better sleep means better mood :).
3) Good for Bone Health
Banana is not the rich source of calcium, but it contains other important nutrients that require good bone health.
The LiveScience Website States,
According to a 2009 article in the Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry, bananas contain an abundance of fructooligosaccharides. These are nondigestive carbohydrates that encourage digestive-friendly priobotics and enhance the body’s ability to absorb calcium.
4) Lower the Blood Pressure
Preserving a low sodium consumption is crucial to bringing down blood pressure, on the other hand, maximizing potassium consumption may be just like due to the fact of its vasodilation results.
5) Lower the Risk of Cancer
Eating bananas, oranges and drinking juice of an orange in the initial two
years of life may lessen the danger of growing childhood leukemia. Bananas can support to fight against the development of free radicals considered to trigger cancer disease, as it has a decent amount of vitamin C. Rich fiber fruit like a banana is connected with a diminished danger of colorectal
6) Good for Heart Health
Bananas contain nutrients like fiber, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B6 that all help to have the healthful heart. Raise in potassium consumption together with a lessening of sodium consumption is the essential nutritional change which people can make to lower the threat of the cardiovascular condition.
7) Fight Against the Asthma
Research directed by the Imperial College of London discovered that kids who ate only one banana for each day had a 34% less risk of having asthma.
8) Good for Vision
Putting a banana in the diet helps to maintain a healthful eye. It has a little quantity of vitamin A which is essential for ensuring your vision and eye health.
9) Help you in Weight loss
Bananas are an amazing weight loss fruit because they taste sweet and give the sensation of fullness, which helps to control hunger. They additionally support to manage glucose levels throughout exercises.
10) Good for Your Skin
Banana skins have been utilized outwardly to deal with skin problems like psoriasis( scaly patches) and skin inflammation.