How Many Cups of Pu-erh Tea Should You Drink Per Day?
Pu-erh Tea is a kind of fermented tea usually found in regions of China. Many people don’t know about Pu-erh tea, but It has numerous health benefits.
Like many other types of tea, Pu-erh tea is also associated with weight loss. Because of its various properties, this tea usually found in China is linked to weight loss.
However, it is essential to know how many cups of Pu-erh tea you can drink per day so you can stay on the healthy side and take full advantages of drinking Pu-erh tea.
Before knowing how many cups of Pu-erh tea you can drink on a daily basis, it would be better to know what is Pu-erh tea.
What is Pu-erh Tea?
According to Wikipedia, Pu-erh tea is one of the varieties of fermented teas, which is usually produced in China. It can also be said that it is the type of black which has been fermented for a period of thirty to forty days.
It is tasty and also has many benefits, compared to the other types of tea. Pu-erh tea is mostly found in the Yunnan province of China and known for its health benefits for more than 2000 years.
How Much Pu-erh Tea Should You Drink Per Day?
Though there are numerous benefits related to Pu-erh tea, and there is a fixed amount in which you should drink it, to avoid the side effects.
Expert suggests you can drink two to three cups of Pu-erh tea per day.
The study conducted by UCLA suggests that drinking three cups of Pu-erh tea per day helps in reducing the risk of stroke by 21%. As it helps to clear the plaque in the arteries of the heart, it is effective in preventing strokes.
More Research Studies About Pu-erh Tea
As per a study published by Food and Chemical Toxicology, the fluorine level in Pu-erh is safe. It is much lesser than that of fluorine in Bianxiao, another type of brick tea. The level of fluorine in Pu-erh is below the maximum RDA.
Additionally, people who are sensitive to caffeine should limit its consumption to very few amounts on a daily basis. One 8 ounces serving of Pu-erh tea has 37mg of caffeine, while black tea has 86mg. Therefore, people who want to limit their caffeine intake should pick Pu-erh tea rather than black tea.
Another study of 2009, published in the journal ‘Experimental Gerontology’ states that Pu-erh tea has a significant impact in reducing the LDL (Low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol or bad cholesterol in the body. It plays a vital role in promoting the HDL (High-density lipoprotein) cholesterol or good cholesterol in the body.
This Chinese study was conducted over rats whose results showed that along with LDL cholesterol, Pu-erh tea also reduced the harmful triglyceride level of the body. The animals were given Pu-Erh tea extracts.
As Pu-erh tea, reduces the level of bad cholesterol and promotes good cholesterol, it is found to be effective in enhancing the heart health and also in reducing the risks of cancer.
Health Benefits of Pu-erh Tea
Compared to white or green tea, Pu-erh tea is low in antioxidants, since it is oxidized form of tea. Because of this property, it has some health benefits which contribute to your healthy lifestyle.
Pu-erh tea is good for weight loss. It also helps reduce the level of serum cholesterol and improve heart health.
Some of the health benefits of Pu-erh tea are mentioned below:
1) Pu-erh tea contains antioxidants although, in fewer amounts, it is known for its ability to fight all the free radicals and inhibit the diseases. Pu-erh tea contains higher levels of antioxidants compared to other types of tea as it is fermented.
2) Pu-erh tea also contains caffeine. Although it contains caffeine, due to the presence of micro-organism and phytochemicals such as GABA and theanine, it is known to reduce stress and induce sleep.
3) A research published in “International Journal of Molecular Science” in 2011 stated that Pu-erh tea is capable of preventing tumor in humans with the help of different processes.
4) Pu-erh tea is considered to be beneficial in curing the metabolic syndromes. Metabolic syndrome is a condition in which the patient is in danger of suffering various cardiovascular disorders such as high blood pressure, obesity, high triglyceride level and low level of good cholesterol.
5) Pu-erh tea can also cure bad breath. If you drink Pu-erh tea daily, you will be healed of bad breath, because it contains phytochemicals as well micro-organisms. The combination of these two helps in killing the germs that cause bad breath.
6) The synthetic form of lovastatin is used to cure high cholesterol. Pu-erh contains specific amounts of lovastatin hence it can be said to be beneficial in reducing the high bad cholesterol levels. Studies suggest that Pu-erh can effectively lower LDL cholesterol and promote HDL cholesterol.
Side Effects of Pu-erh Tea
Apart from the health benefits, there are some side effects of Pu-erh tea.
Some of them are as follows:
1) Sometimes Pu-erh tea maybe harvested from plants that have a presence of fluorine in high amount. If you consume such Pu-erh for a prolonged period, it can lead to accumulation of fluorine in the body.
Due to this accumulated fluorine, you may suffer from fluorosis if you drink excess Pu-erh tea since it contains certain levels of fluorine.
2) People who are sensitive to caffeine should also avoid it.
Undoubtedly, Puerh tea can prove to be beneficial if you take it in moderation throughout the day. There are thousands of years of Chinese tradition that indicate the many positive effects that Pu-erh tea has on your body, particularly when it comes to how to lose weight
As Pu-erh tea contains very less caffeine, you might as well ask “How many cups of Pu-erh tea can you drink per day?’, but you should remember to drink Pu-erh in moderate amounts. Excess of Pu-erh tea can be harmful to your health.
You can add Pu-erh tea into your diet and enjoy the health benefits of this Chinese beverage.